Schedule your appointment today.
Ready to discover the benefits of chiropractic care?
Developed by Drs. Donald Harrison, Deanne Harrison, and Daniel Murphy in 1980, Chiropractic Biophysics (CBP) is a highly-advanced, scientific-based chiropractic technique proven to correct and restore your spinal curves back into alignment. CBP uses a combination of biology, physiology, physics, anatomy, and even geometry, making it unique compared to other chiropractic techniques. At PCH Chiropractic, Drs. Palmer and Catherine Peet specialize in the CBP technique because of its advanced procedures and proven lasting results. They would love to be your CBP doctors.
What is CBP Technique?
Chiropractic Biophysics (CBP) is a specialized chiropractic technique that combines science, math, and chiropractic care to help identify the cause of a patient’s pain, discomfort, loss of mobility, and changes in health. Indeed, a patient’s CBP diagnosis and care are based on sound, evidence-based science and chiropractic principles that every patient can appreciate. CBP aims to not only provide relief of symptoms but identify the cause of symptoms and correct the spine’s structure, so patients can live an optimal life and function with lasting health and wellness.
How Can CBP Doctors Help You?
CBP doctors have years of extensive, specialized training and education that goes beyond traditional chiropractic techniques. CBP chiropractors begin with a science-based digital 3-D examination of your posture, spinal alignment, and function. This also typically involves specific x-rays to identify the cause of your spinal misalignment. After the source is found, Drs. Palmer and Catherine Peet will develop a custom plan tailored to your needs. This plan will include a series of adjustments, exercises, and a spinal remodeling approach to begin your journey toward being pain-free and having optimal health.
|CBP® Doctor of Chiropractic||Doctor of Chiropractic||Medical Doctor||Doctor of Physical Therapy|
|Education: Total Classroom Hours||4700 hrs||4700 hrs||4550 hrs||3075 hrs|
|Training on Structural Rehabilitation of the Spine||400+ hrs||0 hrs||0 hrs||0 hrs|
|Drugs (to hide symptoms)||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|Surgery (to fuse or remove symptom generator)||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|Adjustments of the spine||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|Biomechanical Analysis of X-rays||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Mirror-Image® Traction to correct the cause of the problem||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Mirror-Image® Exercises to correct the cause of the problem||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|Mirror-Image® Adjustments to correct the cause of the problem||✅||❌||❌||❌|
Why CBP Technique is Unique
Unlike traditional chiropractic care that focuses primarily on adjustments, Chiropractic Biophysics takes it a step further and incorporates structural rehabilitation of the spine and posture to correct the source of the problem. This explains why most of our patients report relief from pain and discomfort, as well as improved overall health from their posture beginning to align correctly. Indeed, your posture is directly related to your overall health, and correcting it helps you live a better life with lasting health and wellness.
CBP technique has been shown to help with the following conditions through multiple published case studies:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Carpal Tunnel
- Respiratory dysfunction
- Postural deformities
- Shoulder pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Low metabolism
- High Blood pressure
- Acid Reflux / GERD
- Plantar Fascilitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Disc Herniation
- Otitis Media
- Dowager’s Hump
- And many more
Multiple studies also link increased thoracic kyphosis, (a type of postural distortion), and anterior head syndrome; “Tech neck”, to decrease longevity.
Ready to discover the benefits of chiropractic care? At PCH Chiropractic, Drs. Palmer and Catherine Peet are here to help you get the most out of your life and obtain the highest standard of health and wellness. Book your appointment today.
The CBP Process
Digital Posture Analysis
The first step of our CBP technique is to conduct a cutting-edge 3-D digital posture analysis. This analysis consists of multiple pictures of your posture. Our CBP software produces a report, which consists of various measurements and calculations to assess your posture and inform us what specific muscles are overactive and others that may have been injured due to prolonged bad posture or trauma. We do this assessment first because it allows you to see your own posture and allows us to compare this posture analysis with your x-rays. Indeed, this assessment helps us identify and verify your current posture and use it to measure progress throughout your care.
Detailed Examination and X-rays
Following the 3-D digital posture analysis, we will conduct a detailed spinal examination. This examination will include various tests to determine what is causing your condition(s) and any other areas of the body that are being affected. Your examination can include a range of motion, muscle strength, dermatomes, reflexes, full spine orthopedic tests, other neurological tests, and palpation of the spine.
PostureRay Physics Analysis
After the examination is finished, our doctors will take only the necessary x-rays of your spine. These X-rays will then be read via one of the latest technologies in X-ray analysis for spinal alignment called PostureRay.
This produces different measurements, which include angles, shifts, global curvatures, and percentages from normal. Our doctors will display these pictures with red lines, where your spine is, and green lines, which is where a normal spine should be located.
They will look at the exact curvature of your neck; cervical lordosis, ribcage; thoracic kyphosis, low back curve; lumbar lordosis as well as measure bilateral leg length.
Drs. Palmer and Catherine Peet will give you a one-on-one report of your X-ray findings, so you fully understand everything that is happening in your body. At that time, you may ask any questions that you have regarding your condition(s).
Following this discussion, we will explain your corrective plan tailored to your specific needs and conditions. At PCH Chiropractic, we donʼt accept every person as a patient. We only accept those patients that are able to benefit from chiropractic care. If your case is not a chiropractic case, we will let you know, and can even help you find the appropriate healthcare provider better suited for your particular condition.
Spinal Correction Traction
Now that our doctors have thoroughly conducted tests, exams, and x-rays, you will begin receiving care to help correct your spine’s structure and curvature. This process will include three key parts as follows:
1. Adjustments: Our doctors will gently adjust your spine, which will realign your spine, break up scar tissue or adhesions in spinal joints, stimulate mechano-receptors to create neuroplasticity, and reset your brain to the new posture. Patients report pain relief, relaxation, and improved spine motion.
2. Exercises: Our doctors will prescribe individualized and specialized exercises specific to your conditions, spinal curvature, and posture. These neuromuscular exercises will help to stretch and strengthen the muscles supporting the spine, which are essential for improving your range of motion and stabilizing your spine. Exercise also helps you warm up your muscles for the next step.
3. Traction: We use special equipment designed to gently and safely remodel your spine for a brief period of time (6-15 minutes), which will correct your spine’s curvature. Please note, this process is unique to every patient as it depends on your x-ray analysis and specific needs.
Before and After X-Rays
After your care is complete, our doctors may take additional x-rays to analyze your results and provide accurate comparisons of what your spine originally looked like at the start of care and how your spine looks now. This will help you see your measured improvements and help us continue helping you live an optimal quality of life with lasting health and wellness.
No one needs to suffer needlessly when CBP has helped thousands of conditions just like yours.
- Neck curve and blood flow to the brain
- Opioids and Chiropractic Care
- Neck pain and respiratory function
- Forward Head Posture and Carpal Tunnel
- Posture and headaches
- How CBP works even after other chiropractic attempts failed
- Study shows that control group regressed on initial symptoms without traction/denneroll
- Denneroll and increase blood flow
- Is Forward head posture relevant to Autonomic nervous system function and cervical sensorimotor control?
- Increased Thoracic spinal curve linked to decrease physical function and grip strength
- Increased Thoracic Kyphosis associated with increased fall risk
- Grip strength, Inflammation, and mortality
- Chiropractic management of primary nocturnal enuresis
- Primitive reflexes in very low birth weight infants
- Posture and headaches Cervical headache: an investigation of natural head posture and upper cervical flexor muscle performance
- Cervicogenic headache pain and disability
- Respiratory dysfunction in chronic neck pain patients
- Musculoskeletal conditions may increase the risk of chronic disease
- Increased forward head posture and restricted cervical range of motion in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome
- Is forward head posture relevant to autonomic nervous system function and cervical sensorimotor control?